Prospect Harbor Point was built in 1850 and rebuilt in 1891. This white cylindrical lighthouse with a black lantern top matches the keeper's house, a classic New England clapboard home with black trim. The station was automated in 1931. Because it is on a US Navy installation, the lighthouse is best viewed from across the harbor or from the installation's entrance. For more information, contact the American Lighthouse Foundation.