We encourage you to check websites for your destinations before visiting for the latest health and safety guidelines in place.
Maine takes pride in offering unique sightseeing and tour options for visitors. But these are more than tourist attractions – they're experiences you won’t forget.
- On Maine tours, the freedom of Maine’s coast is yours to experience. Maine offers all varieties of boat tours, from Portland ferry service to the islands of Casco Bay, to sunset cruises aboard one of Camden’s majestic windjammer sailboats.
- And nothing is more emblematic of Maine than the more than 60 historic lighthouses scattered along its coast. Plan your whole trip around them, or just see a few by boat tour, but be sure to visit at least one while you’re here.
- One of the most exciting parts of Maine sightseeing is catching a glimpse of one of the wild animals that make their home here. If you come to see moose, black bears, puffins or whales, you’ll happily discover expeditions here for that.
- If road trips are your thing, Maine is home to four National Scenic Byways: the Acadia All-American Highway, the Old Canada Road Scenic Byway, the Rangeley Lakes National Scenic Byway and the Schoodic National Scenic Byway.
- For the best experience in Maine sightseeing, use our interactive map to get some ideas, or take a look at some of the articles below to craft your perfect tour. Once you start your journey here, you’ll never want it to end.