There’s a defining moment inherent to Maine fishing. It’s a clarity after your line is cast. You’re focused but relaxed. In that moment, it's the only thing that matters.
- Whatever kind of fish you’re looking for, whether it’s a landlocked salmon or lake trout in one of our 6,000 lakes and ponds, or a striped bass along our thousands of miles of Atlantic coastline, you’ll find it all here.
- Whatever type of fishing compels you to cast a line, whether it’s traditional fishing or fly fishing in Maine, you’ll find it here. And, the great thing about Maine fishing – you’ll find it in every season, in every area of the state.
- Maine is a gold mine when it comes to family-friendly fishing, offering both fresh and salt water scenic spots to drop a line.
- Get off the beaten path and cozy up in a quintessentially Maine fishing lodge or cabin.
- Fall fishing in Maine can be as bountiful as the land is beautiful. It’s the season when the trout and salmon spawn, and the bass and bluefish migrate south. All that activity makes them hungry. So throw them an appetizer and get ready to set the hook – and the table.
- But it’s the experience of it all that you’ll remember most. So use our interactive map or the resources written below, and get started. Come here and cast a line. That’s how you’ll catch yourself again.