Close

Jeremy D'Entremont

Historic photo of Libby Island Light Station. Today, most of the buildings are gone.

Historic photo of Libby Island Light Station. Today, most of the buildings are gone.

US Coast Guard Historian's Office

add bookmark

Libby Island

Libby Island Light Station was established at the often-foggy entrance to Machias Bay in 1822. The current tower was constructed of granite in 1848. The light is not open to the public and the keeper's house and other outbuildings no longer exist. Charter boat rides and cruises offer views of the tower.

Businesses & Organizations

Retrieving results.

Related Experiences

Retrieving results.

Get inspired at the Maine Quarterly

  • Road Trips

  • Classic Coastal Charm

No results found.

Businesses and locations related to: Libby Island

Loading markers...

Searching for ""Almost there...