We encourage you to check websites for your destinations before visiting for the latest health and safety guidelines in place.
Boat Launches and Town Landings
Boating in Maine — from yachts to Sunfish, on lakes or the sea — is a truly quintessential New England experience. And the places you dock your boat or launch it are often cherished community gathering places — where you hear where the fish are biting or chat about the weather as you refuel.
There are hundreds of boat launches throughout the state and the Maine Bureau of Parks and Land has a complete list of hand-carry, trailer-ramp or landing facilities, and offers a map to show you how to find them.
Town landings, oftentimes the heart of a seaside community, can be very basic or offer everything a sailor or yachtsman might need — a cozy mooring for the night, a warm meal, and even a hot shower. There are dozens along the coastline and with some planning you can find the perfect harbor to stop for the day.
Look Out for ME Boating Tips
- Ensure everyone in your party wears a PFD
- Be weather wise & dress appropriately
- Research your destination & comply with any policies in place
- Pack any garbage & waste out with you
- Always recreate within your personal limits
- Bring a basic first aid kit & travel with a friend
- Bring a waterproof map & compass
For more info on how to enjoy the outdoors responsibly, visit our Look Out for ME page.