Tell us your Maine thing for a chance to experience Maine as nature intended with a 5-night/6-day stay for two at Gorman Chairback Lodge & Cabins. Here just outside Greenville, you’ll be immersed in the rustic beauty of the Maine Woods while still enjoying all the creature comforts of a world-class lodge. Your accommodations—a deluxe cabin with private bath, bedroom and sitting room—are just a short walk from the central lodge. Enjoy full family-style breakfasts and dinners, plus made-to-order trail lunches, for days fly fishing for brook trout with a Registered Maine Guide or paddling Long Pond in one of the lodge’s canoes or kayaks.
CHECK OUT OTHER ENTRANTS'
- My perfect day in Maine would be a hike on trails with my grandkids to show them the wonders of nature and the beautiful places that exist and need to be perserved. They don't get to see nature at its best or in abundance and I would love to bring that to them.
- My perfect day would include sunrise on Cadillac Mountain, wandering around Acadia enjoying the view, taking pictures, tea at Jordan Pond House, exploring the shops in Bar Harbor and then lobster for dinner!!
- It would be autumn, and the leaves would be changing. I would ride my bike to a lighthouse and take in the beauty of the Atlantic.
- Just being in Maine is my perfect day. But if I had to choose one thing, it would be sitting at Otter Cliffs, simply listening to the waves crash against the rocks.
- My Maine thing would be remote fly fishing on ponds and streams.
- Sitting on the deck with coffee, letting my senses absorb the ocean.
- A day of fishing at Moosehead Lake followed by an evening of looking for moose. Maybe some evening fishing at Prouty Pond. Dinner at the Black Frog on the deck.
- Walking through the quiet woods, enjoying the silence along a lake while listening to the birds, and perhaps coming upon a moose having his evening meal!
- Hiking hiking hiking! I spent 3 very soggy days in Acadia last year with my sister. Due to the steady rain, we pretty much had the whole park to ourselves--heaven! I would love to go back and bring my kids and husband to experience the rugged beauty of Maine. And smell the fir. It was like nothing I've ever smelled in my life!
- Looking 360 degrees on top of Cadillac Mountain. The various views are spectacular.
ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL RECEIVE:
Round-trip airfare for two.
Five nights and six days in a deluxe cabin at Gorman Chairback Lodge & Cabins. Includes full breakfast, dinner, and made-to-order trail lunch each day.
A full day of fly fishing with an AMC Registered Maine Guide, all equipment and transportation provided.
A cruise for two on Moosehead Lake aboard the historic Steamship Katahdin.
Car rental for traveling Maine’s roads, as well as canoe and kayak rental for traversing its rivers, ponds and lakes.
Sweeps valid dates 4.1.15-7.31.15. Must be 21 years or older at time of entry to qualify. See official rules.