Tell us your Maine Thing for a chance to win an unforgettable vacation for two to DownEast Maine. It starts with a five-night stay at the charming Bar Harbor Inn & Spa, including breakfast each day overlooking the bay plus a special dinner at the Reading Room Restaurant. You’ll get a unique view of Acadia National Park during a narrated tour by horse and carriage with Carriages of Acadia. And you’ll have a chance to immerse yourself in the culture of the native Wabanaki people at the Abbe Museum, where the staff will not only give you a private tour of the exhibits, but show you all of Mount Desert Island through the eyes of its original inhabitants. We’ve even got date night taken care of, with dinner in downtown Bar Harbor at Havana Restaurant followed by a movie at the Art Deco-era 1932 Criterion Theatre. Popcorn included.
CHECK OUT OTHER ENTRANTS'
- A day in Maine for me would be kayaking along the rivers or lakes because I have always wanted to go kayaking, then sampling the lobster ice cream. That would be an exciting experience.
- A day in the wilds of Maine, fishing, with a gourmet lunch and a delicious dinner to follow is pretty much ideal.
- A fly fishing adventure, paddle boarding on the lake, and relaxing in a lodge after a day full of fun.
- A great day at the Baxter State Park hiking sounds so energizing. Top it off with a lobster meal, and I am good to go.
- I would travel down the coast stopping at all the lobster shacks.
- Visiting the shops of local craftsmen and artists to experience the culture of Maine.
- We are seated at a quiet seaside restaurant enjoying a dinner of lobster and white wine. Most people eat to live...we live to eat.
- White water rafting on the Penobscot with a view of Katahdin in the background
- Winding my way up the coast, in search of one of a thousand perfect towns to explore and allow to take over all my senses.
ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL RECEIVE:
Round-trip airfare for two.
Five nights at the Bar Harbor Inn and Spa, including breakfast each morning and one evening dining at the Reading Room Restaurant.
A fully-narrated two-hour tour taking you back in time across the carriage roads and bridges of Acadia National Park with Carriages of Acadia.
Champagne brunch at the Abbe Museum, followed by a guided tour of the museum’s exhibits of Wabanaki art, history and culture and a private tour of Mount Desert Island’s Wabanaki history.
Date night with dinner at Havana Restaurant and a movie at The 1932 Criterion Theatre in downtown Bar Harbor.
Sweeps valid dates 8.10.15-11.30.15. Must be 21 years or older at time of entry to qualify. See official rules.