Two Bush Island
Jeremy D’Entremont
Built in 1897, this light marks a well-trafficked sea lane to Penobscot Bay. It was automated in 1964. Six years later, the Coast Guard allowed U.S. Army Special Forces to blow up the keeper’s house as part of a demolition exercise. The square light tower remains, and is active. It is best seen by boat or plane.
Related Content
Maine Transportation Museums
Films Shot in Maine
Browns Head Light Station
Maine Open Lighthouse Day
Pumpkin Island
Prospect Harbor Point Light
Seguin Island Light Station
Trip Tip: Maine Maritime Museum Boat Tours
