The two-story, Victorian light-keepers' house was built in 1888 to replace an earlier structure. The first lighthouse at Little River was built in 1847. The light station has been has been undergoing restoration since 2001. It is cared for by the Friends of Little River Lighthouse, a chapter of the American Lighthouse Foundation.
Beginning May 1, travelers from all states will be able to travel to Maine without providing a negative COVID-19 test result or quarantining, unless otherwise determined by the Maine CDC. If a state experiences a spike in COVID-19 cases, the Maine CDC will apply testing and quarantine protocols to all travelers from that state.