The Kennebec River, or Doubling Point, Range Lights were built in 1898. This station consists of two white, wooden octagonal towers containing special "range" reflector lights, along with a clapboard keeper's house. The two towers stand just 13 and 21 feet high respectively and are connected by a wooden walkway. Mariners heading north on the Kennebec use the two beacons to help them line up their ships before making a potentially treacherous turn. For more information, contact The Range Light Keepers.