This interesting-looking light sits on a promontory at the mouth of the Sheepscot River. It's a rectangular light with a boathouse sitting in a metronome-like frame at the end of a walkway to the sea. It's privately owned but remains an active aid to navigation. See it at the end of Beach Road in West Southport or by boat tour. Hendricks Head Light Station was built in 1829.