The only pre-revolutionary courthouse in Maine still on its original site
The Pownalborough Court House is an example of classic, New England architecture and the only pre-revolutionary courthouse in Maine still on its original site. The Court House museum has three floors of historical exhibits and collections, along with trained docents. Visitors are invited to picnic on the grounds, stroll the period garden or walk the nature trail along the river. There is also a new trail system in the forest across the road. The cemetery includes graves of veterans of the Revolution, War of 1812 and Civil War.