Portland by the Foot guided historical walking tours
Guided walking tours that will knock your socks right off!
Storytelling with heart, humor, and humanity
Join Portland by the Foot's local guide Dugan Murphy for an unforgettable jaunt through Maine’s largest city. He's combed through piles of archives to find the most intriguing stories in Portland's history and boiled them down into an inclusive, empowering, and surprising constellation of tales you won’t hear on other tours.
Choose from three guided walking tours:
- A Black history tour through the Old Port and East End;
- A women’s history tour through the Arts District and West End; or
- A tour that uncovers untold stories from all of Portland’s people through the Old Port and Commercial Street Waterfront.
You'll leave feeling brighter and more curious about not just Portland, but the wider world.
We also offer private tours, online experiences, and presentations at your event or organization.
A portion of every ticket sale will help fund the restoration of the Abyssinian Meeting House, Maine's oldest—and America's third-oldest—standing Black church.
PO Box 784
Portland, Maine 04101
- Phone 207-200-5885
- Website www.portlandbythefoot.com
- Payments Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, and cash
- Hours Tours are scheduled April through November and private tours are available year-round. Check our website for the up-to-date booking calendar.