Acadia Mountain Guides Climbing School
Rock climbing and hiking instruction and guiding
Share our passion for climbing!
"This was my second time with your company and just like the first it was most enjoyable. So many places out there get you in the first time then after that they forget why you returned...Not so with your guides and service. Keep the course that you have been going. I will be spreading the word that AMG is the place to go to meet great people, have a great experience, and memories to last a life time." -Rick 2015
Private half and full day courses are available for all ages and abilities. Special family rates available. All equipment is provided. AMGCS has been at the forefront of guide education in the US for more than two decades and stands out as the first local school to achieve and the only school to remain continuously accredited by the American Mountain Guides Association since our inception. We are the only local school to be accredited by the Professional Climbing Instructor's Association. Owner Jon Tierney is one of about 80 American guides to achieve the internationally coveted IFMGA/UIAGM mountain guide award. Our clients receive a 15% lifetime discount on outdoor gear through AlpenglowGear.com. Reach your peak with AMG!
- West Branch of Penobscot River - Millinocket
- Kennebec River - The Forks
- Greenville area
Climbing is a perfect vacation activity for families, individuals or couples. A great group activity for school, church, scout and camp groups. Check us out on Trip Advisor! Reserve your guide today by calling 888 232 9559
PO Box 121 92 Main Street
Orono, Maine 04473
- Phone 1-207-866-7562, 1-888-232-9559
- Website acadiamountainguides.com
- Payments Accepted MC/VISA, Discover, Amex, Cash, Check
- Hours We are open year round. In the winter we teach wilderness medicine courses & AIARE Level 1 and level 2 avalanche courses, and offer private and group ice climbing instruction, Mt Katahdin and Mt Washington winter ascents, as well as custom climbing and ski touring trips to both national and international destinations. Summer Hours 8:00AM-8:00PM Winter Hours 10:00AM-6:00PM