Whitlock's Mill

Whitlock's Mill Light Station was established on a bend on the St. Croix River in 1892 and is Maine's northernmost light station.

The original light station didn't have a tower. Instead, a local mill owner took a red lantern to the south bank of the river and simply hung it from a tree. In 1910, a conventional light station was built. The tower was automated in 1969 and still functions as a navigational aid. The keeper's house is privately owned and not open to the public. The light tower is owned by the St. Croix Historical Society.

Businesses & Organizations

Retrieving results.

Related Experiences

Retrieving results.

Get inspired at the Maine Quarterly

No results found.

Businesses and locations related to: Whitlock's Mill

Searching for ""Almost there...