Kennebec River Range Lights

The Kennebec River, or Doubling Point, Range Lights were built in 1898. This station consists of two white, wooden octagonal towers containing special "range" reflector lights, along with a clapboard keeper's house. The two towers stand just 13 and 21 feet high respectively and are connected by a wooden walkway. Mariners heading north on the Kennebec use the two beacons to help them line up their ships before making a potentially treacherous turn. For more information, contact The Range Light Keepers.

Businesses & Organizations

Retrieving results.

Related Experiences

Retrieving results.

Get inspired at the Maine Quarterly

No results found.

Businesses and locations related to: Kennebec River Range Lights

Searching for ""Almost there...