The Sunday River, or "Artist's," bridge, was built in 1872. It was nicknamed the "Artist’s" bridge because of its reputation as being the most photographed and painted of Maine's venerable covered bridges. The bridge, an 87-foot Paddleford truss, was closed to traffic in 1958 when a new bridge was built downstream. It is located about four miles northwest of North Bethel. For more information, contact the Maine Department of Transportation.