Visitors must quarantine or provide a negative COVID-19 test within 3 days of arrival in Maine. Visitors from New Hampshire and Vermont are currently exempt. We encourage you to check websites for your destinations before visiting for the latest health and safety guidelines in place.
Fishing Resources & Helpful Hints
- The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife sells fishing licenses, manages freshwater fish and provides lots of information for anglers about Maine.
- Freshwater fishing licenses are sold on-line and at stores, town offices and sporting-goods shops throughout the state.
- Registered Maine Guides lead you to top fishing spots, recommend the best lures and flies and coach you to improve your cast. Guides can be found at the Maine Professional Guides Association, the Maine Wilderness Guides Organization and the Maine Association of Sea Kayak Guides & Instructors.
- The Maine Department of Marine Resources oversees recreational salt-water fishing in Maine and publishes the Maine Saltwater Angler's Guide.
- L.L. Bean Outdoor Discovery Schools in Freeport offer fly-fishing courses you can sign up for on the spot.
- Maine Sporting Camps provide legendary hospitality, home-cooked meals and a choice of boats to use for fishing and exploring nearby lakes and rivers.
- Many towns and cities host free boat launches onto rivers, lakes or the ocean.