We encourage you to check websites for your destinations before visiting for the latest health and safety guidelines in place.
Ten Ways to Experience Maine Beaches in the Fall
There is no better time to visit the Maine Beaches than in the fall. The leaves change colors, the weather turns cooler and the scenery is as breathtaking as always. Here are 10 different ways to spend a day this fall in the Maine Beaches region.
- Hike Mt. Agamenticus in York for breathtaking views of the southern Maine area.
- Pack a lunch, rent a kayak and spend the afternoon on the water.
- Head to Family Jamboree at Spillers Farm in Wells for games, crafts, hayrides and apple picking.
- Take a foliage drive on scenic Route 9 through from the Kennebunks to Old Orchard Beach.
- Explore the historical mills in Biddeford with a two-hour walking tour through the mills and underground tunnels.
- Spend the afternoon on a lobster boat as the lobstermen check their traps.
- Take a tour of the southern coast’s micro-breweries from Kittery to Old Orchard Beach.
- For Halloween thrills, visit the Haunted Grandview Manor in Sanford or the Haunted Hay Ride in Wells.
- Spend a day at McDougal Orchards in Springvale where you can pick your own apples or a pumpkin straight from the patch, take hay ride, wander through a corn maze, and indulge in Captain Jack’s famous apple cider donuts.
- Take a bike ride on the Eastern Trail/East Coast Greenway that runs from Kittery to Old Orchard Beach.