Whitewater Rafting - New England Outdoor Center
Maine is home to the challenging class V rapids of the Penobscot River and The New England Outdoor Center has been running whitewater rafting trips since 1982. White Water Rafting on the Penobscot River in Maine is one of the most spectacular and challenging whitewater river experiences in the eastern United States and has become our most popular river. The Penobscot River boasts a reputation of exhilarating rapids and breathtaking scenery.
Our white water rafting trips begin on the lower river with Class I to III rapids, allowing rafters to enjoy the views and smaller surf holes and waterfalls before indulging in a riverside BBQ lunch. In the afternoon, we take on the upper river, at one point dropping over 70 feet per mile through a narrow, granite walled canyon into two advanced Class V rapids known as the Exterminator and the Staircase.
- Address Penobscot Outdoor Center PO Box 669 Millinocket, ME US 04462
- Phone 207-723-5438, 800-766-7238
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website neoc.com/white-water-rafting-in-maine/
- Payments Accepted Credit Cards, Cash, Travelers Checks, Debit Cards
Trips daily (with reservations) from April 20th through October 15th