Oakfield Railroad Museum
The Oakfield Railroad Museum is a former Bangor & Aroostook Railroad depot rehabbed in 1991. It is owned the Oakfield Historical Society and operated by volunteers, steeped in the lore of the Bangor and Aroostook Railroad.
Inside the historic wood-frame station, visitors can see:
- hundreds of historic photographs
- vintage signs and advertising pieces
- signal lanterns
- original railroad maps
- telegraph equipment
- a Hand Car and a Motor Car
- restored mail carts
- the C-66 caboose
- the weathervane from atop the old water tower demolished in 1982.
- Address Station St. P.O. Box 274 Oakfield, ME US 04763
- Phone (207) 757-8575
- Email email@example.com
- Website oakfieldmuseum.org/default.htm
Admission is Free!
(Donations are appreciated)
Open from the Saturday prior to Memorial Day through Labor Day
on Saturdays & Sundays from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Tours for groups and charter buses are available by prior arrangement.