Bayberry by the Sea
Floor to ceiling windows across the open-plan dining/living area overlook a secluded cove directly in front of the cottage, with views across the ocean to Damariscove Island to the northeast and open ocean to the east.
Spacious 3 bedrooms each with bureaus/desks and closets are great for extended stays or lots of gear. Two bedrooms have double beds. One bedroom has a double bed and a junior twin. Nice bathroom with shower in main house. "Beach" bathroom with shower available in outside-accessible room under house.
Children of all ages are welcome -- we have pack-and-plays, high chair/booster seats, games for every age and beach toys. Well-behaved pets are also welcome -- please bring your own pet blanket, and leashes are required throughout association lands.
Kitchen features microwave, full stove/oven, toaster oven, refrigerator, coffeemaker, and clothes washer/dryer. Propane grill and lobster pot available. Linens/towels included. Basic internet service (DSL) and local telephone service included. Check in is 4pm Sunday, and check-out is 10am the next Sunday.
Bayberry by the Sea, built by my grandfather, has been our family home on the water for well over a half century. We know what it takes to be comfortable out on this farthest tip of Georgetown, and we leave you there with it: plenty of kitchenware, an emergency "host pantry" and a selection of spices for that recipe that's missing an ingredient; a basket of extra toiletries if you forget something; and a ready four eggs, block of cheese, and can of brown bread if you need to whip up a quick omelet dinner before unpacking. Nevertheless, there are plenty of empty shelves, drawers and closet space for your gear as well. Such are the comforts of a Maine home, and we want you to feel that comfort the moment you arrive.
- Address Indian Point GeorgetownUS 04548
- Email BayberryByTheSea@gmail.com
- Website BayberryByTheSea.com
- Payments Accepted Check
- Peak Season Rates: $1900/week plus 9% Maine Lodging Tax. Season runs approximately late June through early September.
- Shoulder Season Rates: $1400/week plus 9% Maine Lodging Tax. Should season runs late May through early June, and mid September through early October.
- Refundable deposit of approximately 20% due at time of reservation. The cottage is not available at all from mid-October through mid-May.