Sightseeing in Maine
In Maine, we love to show off everything our beautiful state has to offer, and we take great care in offering unique and exciting sightseeing and tour options for our visitors.
- The freedom of Maine’s coast is yours to experience. Maine offers all varieties of boat tours, from Portland ferries service to the islands of Casco Bay, to sunset cruises aboard one of Camden’s majestic windjammer sailboats.
- And nothing is more emblematic of Maine’s coast than the more than 60 historic lighthouses scattered along it. Plan your whole trip around them, or just see a few by boat tour, but be sure to visit at least one while you’re here.
- One of the most exciting parts of visiting Maine is catching a glimpse of one of the wild animals that make their home here. If you came to see a moose, black bears, puffins or whales, you’ll happily discover expeditions here for that.
- If road trips are your thing, Maine is home to four National Scenic Byways: the Acadia All-American Highway, the Old Canada Road Scenic Byway, the Rangeley Lakes National Scenic Byway and the Schoodic National Scenic Byway.
- Use our interactive map to get some ideas, or take a look at some of the articles below to craft your perfect tour. Once you start your journey here, you’ll never want it to end.