This squat, square light station was built on a tiny, off-shore island in 1875. The light, now automated, is overseen by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. It is closed to the public and is best seen by boat. It can also be viewed from the Schooner Head parking lot, which is off Park Loop Road in the Bar Harbor section of Acadia National Park.