The Browns Head Light was built in 1832 on the offshore island of Vinalhaven. The light marks a popular seaway between Vinalhaven and North Haven islands. The lighthouse, at the end of Brown's Head Light Road, is closed to the public. But the grounds are open. The Maine State Ferry Service offers daily, year-round transportation to Vinalhaven Island from the Maine State Ferry System terminal in Rockland.