Located on one of the outermost Cranberry Isles, this light marked the approach to Mt. Desert Island and guided vessels into Frenchman's Bay. It was automated in 1966 and became one of the nation's few solar-powered light stations. But it was deactivated in 2002 because surrounding trees blocked a good view of the light. There's no place to see this well from the mainland, but boat tours are available.
Baker Island Lighthouse was built in 1828.